Planning and Community Relations
inici provides a thorough but targeted approach to planning and community relations, knowing that a strong and effective community outreach or public involvement program requires leadership, expertise, and the ability to reach your audience where they are. Via a comprehensive review of client, project, and community interests as well as a thorough review of effective and efficient tools, approaches, and venues, inici establishes programs to involve and communicate with appropriate stakeholders.
Our community involvement and public outreach experience includes employing a variety of strategies, including working with neighborhood associations and building owners, utilizing public and/or neighborhood notices and town halls, offering Q&A times for stakeholders, providing presentations and/or hard hat talks, and presenting a variety of approaches designed to reach target groups in ways that are meaningful and effective.
While each project may apply unique strategies, our general approach includes:
- Clear management of the process focused on communication
- A review of all techniques available to communicate, including websites with project information and mailers to the public updating the project process and status
- Providing updates to the public that are concise and easy to understand
- Completing monthly dashboard reports defining the project issues, budget, and schedule, and publishing these reports
- Holding community meetings or open houses that provide opportunities for the public to be informed of the project and ask questions
- Continual follow-up for the entire project
- Follow through on all project questions and requests to address all issues