Lora has 25 years of design and construction experience and began her early architectural career as a medical planner working on clinics and hospitals and later, labs and research facilities. Typically, she was given the most challenging projects with tight timelines, limited budgets, and challenging stakeholders because she is able to streamline approaches, gain trust, and deliver demanding projects successfully. Lora has built her career around this skill set. Her forte is complex and challenging projects.
Lora approaches projects with the mindset of how they will benefit the client in cost savings, time, and resources. She is experienced at providing day-to-day project and construction management, budget management and reporting, permitting review, code negotiation, schedule management and reporting, submittal and RFI review, construction document review, project inspections, walkthroughs, and numerous other project and construction management elements.
Lora’s background includes 15 years as in-house Senior Project Manager for Oregon Health & Sciences University, where she provided development, planning, and management for millions of dollars in capital improvements, and time serving as the Facilities Manager for Washington State University Vancouver (250-acres). She also spent years practicing architecture for several prominent Portland architecture firms before turning her attention to construction management. Because of her years of involvement in development from the owner’s perspective, Lora has a keen awareness of the importance of ongoing maintenance costs and efficiencies, consensus and team building, community involvement, and the customized needs of specialized spaces. She also has a thorough understanding of the spectrum of needs and complexity of security through work with the General Services Administration, Oregon Health & Science University, Legacy Health Services, and Washington State University, which hosts Washington State Police on campus.
- Bachelor Degree Program of Architecture, IDI, Denver, Colorado and University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon
- Designed an award-winning Sustainable Practices Center to sell useful reclamation items at OHSU
- Legacy Health, Holladay Park Central Laboratory | Portland, Oregon
- Legacy Health, Mt. Hood Medical Office Building and Free-Standing ASC Ambulatory Surgical Center | Gresham, Oregon
- Legacy Health, Unity Center for Behavioral Health | Portland, Oregon
- Bonneville Power Administration, Ross Fleet Services Building and Civil Improvements | Vancouver, Washington
- University of Washington, Valley Medical Center LDR Labor & Delivery | Seattle, Washington
- Oregon Health & Sciences University, Campus-Wide Capital Improvement Projects | Portland, Oregon
- Washington State University, Vancouver Campus Capital Improvement Projects | Vancouver, Washington
- General Services Administration, Region X Headquarters | Seattle, Washington
- Oregon Health & Sciences University, Casey Eye Institute | Portland, Oregon
- Bureau of Land Management | Portland, Oregon